08 February 2018

Review of Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior

This book is a great foundational read for the Shambhala lineage of Tibetan Buddhism. There are many important topics covered by Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche. I have read about some of these in other places, but some were new to me.

The idea of warrior-ship initially seemed to be the complete opposite of Buddhism. Chögyam Trungpa, however, allayed my fears with an excellent explanation of this concept. The remainder of the book, of course, describes the path to becoming one of these warriors.

What the book lacks in practical instruction it makes up for in laying a solid groundwork for beginning and continuing on the path of a warrior.

I enjoyed this book for many reasons, not least of them is the clear, easy-to-read writing style of the author. Don't misunderstand that to mean simple to achieve.

I came at this a little backward, I think. It seems that others have read this one first, and only then moved on to read other books by Chögyam Trungpa and others from this lineage (e.g. Pema Chödrön). I started by reading Pema Chödrön's work and slowly made my way to Chögyam Trungpa.

Does that matter? I have no idea. I have gained a lot from this way and so I assume it didn't break me.

If you're new to Shambhala, Tibetan Buddhism, or Buddhism in general I recommend this book.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

6 comments:

  1. I love all the posts, I really enjoyed, I would like more information about this, because it is very nice. Thanks for sharing. cara menurunkan leukosit yang tinggi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So luck to come across your excellent blog. Your blog brings me a great deal of fun... Good luck with the site., drakorindo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously? I never thought even Buddhism allow its followers to the path that lead them to violence. I would love to read this book. Can I found this book on Research Paper Writing Services?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this book for many reasons, not least of them is the clear, easy-to-read writing style of the author. Don't misunderstand that to mean simple to achieve. coursework writing services

    ReplyDelete
  5. After many time I saw this type of book or novel, full of suspense, emotion and religion. I must buy this book when I take my class online and complete my task, I also want to buy other book so I go to buy them I buy this too and then I must give my feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand that this is a lot of effort for you, and I truly believe that you have done it this way because it is very comfortable for you, and I enjoy your movies in general. It's just a personal preference, but I've read this book twice and it's one of the novels that keeps me grounded. I thought your voice and blog were fantastic, and I appreciate you taking the time to read us!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I need and want input. Just be respectful, please, to me and to others. Thanks.